Explaining what coaching is (and isn’t) is an important part of the process for coaches who set up the working alliance and contract for an effective coaching space. Metaphors can help tremendously to help clients grasp and understand coaching. Since there’s a broad range of what coaching might look like and entail and everybody seems to have their own definition and approach, our resident coaches Yannick, Siawash and Nicki decided to each share one metaphor that they sometimes use to explain the differences between coaching, therapy, mentoring, consulting, teaching and being a friend. In the process we’ll talk about surfing, driving a car and mountaineering, and we find that these metaphors are richer and more versatile than we had thought.
If you’d like to stay up to date with new episodes, continue the conversation or generally support what we do:
- Send us your question: http://bit.ly/talkingaboutcoaching
- Sign up to our mailing list (no spam, no sales, just a quick shout about new episodes): https://mailchi.mp/afc10fc74492/talkingaboutcoaching
- Watch us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2cC6sgHdLuhBdRqxQNPYg
- Listen to and download all episodes: http://talkingaboutcoaching.buzzsprout.com/
- Like our Facebook page: http://fb.me/TalkingAboutCoaching
- Join our Facebook community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3023068731067611/